Sunday, April 24, 2005

Contest Facts and Figures:

Just a few quick notes on the contest based on my tally of the figures and observations:

There were 59 total submissions to the contest.

62% of those were DISQUALIFIED - they were sent too early, were misformatted, or just violated the rules in some way, shape or form.

22% of the loglines were an outright PASS.

16% were CONSIDERS.

In reviewing the CONSIDERS, 3 loglines were chosen (5% of the total submissions) as the WINNERS.

In addition, I have chosen 2 additional loglines for HONORABLE MENTIONS.

Stay tuned...

4 comments:

Slave to the Light said...

If you have the time and inclination, it might be more useful to everyone if you were to comment on what made the losers losers rather than the winners winners (assuming it isn't obvious). Perhaps a brief discussion on why some were passes?

I find that negative criticism is more helpful to me than positive criticism. Thanks for the opportunity you present in this contest - any chance for feedback is a good thing.

nshumate said...

Well, I'm noe officially scared.

Bill Cunningham said...

Nate - not half as scared as I was!

Gary P said...

Okay, that's it, I can't handle the pressure, I'm going to take up a new calling, like knitting or soccer hooliganism.