Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Ya Got Me...

I got tagged by John Carlucci with this infectious meme thingy started by Fun Joel.
Here goes...

What was your earliest film-related memory?

I was very young and my folks took me to the drive-in (in my pajamas no less) to see Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. I fell asleep in the back seat, but distinctly remember the evil Queen turning into an old witch. Disney knew what children feared.

Name two favorite lines from movies:

"See if you can guess what I am now." (Splat!) "I'm a zit. Get it?" -- Animal House
"I's Alive! It's Alive!" -- Frankenstein

Jobs you'd do if you could not work in the "biz"

-- Flip Houses
-- Own a comic book shop
-- Own a gym


Name four jobs you actually have held outside the industry:

-- worked for Foot Locker
-- was a trainer in a gym
-- delivered chicken wings
-- refueled the F-117A stealth fighter

Three book authors I like:

Ben Bova
Tom Clancy
Robert Asprin (I would especially like to see his Phule's Company books adapted into a series for Sci-Fi)

Name two movies you would like to remake or properties you'd like to adapt:

1. The Tomorrow People - more real than the X-Men, and twice as fun. Imagine the implications of a new race of psionic humans inheriting the planet. Much in the same way we inherited the earth from the neanderthal.

2. The Starlost - If you think Battlestar Galactica in enmeshed in politics and strife, you haven't seen my version of this little known Canadian sci-fi series created by Harlan Ellison. It's hell being trapped on a giant worldship that is due to crash into a sun in five years.

Name one screenwriter you think is underrated:

Sam Fuller - he is an unknown to the "younger generation" (ignorant whelps)


Three people I'm tagging to answer this meme next:

Scott the reader

Kid Sis

Denis McGrath

1 comment:

Fun Joel said...

Thanks for participating, bro!

Yet ANOTHER drive-in memory.

I remember reading a Ben Bova kids book, MANY years ago. Mission to Mars maybe? I forget what it was called.

Now that Scott and Kid Sis each have a few tags, hopefully they'll get on it!