Monday, August 27, 2007

I Had a Lovely Dinner ...

with my new friend Caroline from Toronto. I picked her up at the historic Union Station in Los Angeles and we had a great ride on the Los Angeles subway (Yes, we have one. No, really we do...) to your Mad Pulp Bastard's stomping grounds in Hollywood.

Dinner was here at Charcoal:



We didn't have much time as Caroline was taking the redeye back to Toronto and had to get to LAX, but what time we did have was filled with good conversation, wine, and grilled things (not on sticks, but plates - sorry, Denis). It was so nice to put a face to a blog that I've been reading for awhile. Caroline is in the television sector of the business we call show, consulting with producers on several reality programs.

The world got a little bit smaller last night. Tis a good thing.

3 comments:

ME said...

Thanks for being such a congenial host. Excellent choice of noshing spot, and the company was delightful. I look forward to being able to return the hospitality when you get your butt up here to visit all of us up here.

C.

PS Not every guy would drag my girly girl suitcase through the streets of L.A. ... don't think the effort was unappreciated on many levels ;-)

Cunningham said...

If watching me drag a girly suitcase down the streets of Hollywood was the weirdest thing the tourists have seen from me, then I have to say I got off scott free and leave it at that.

;D

wcmartell said...

Has nothing to do with this thread, just sharing info...

2007 Summer 10% Over Last Year's Record Year...

But just because it was a great summer, warns veteran reporter Len Klady of moviecitynews.com, “doesn’t mean the trend away from movies in theaters isn’t happening.” Studios make about 16 percent of their revenues from showing films in theaters, about 47 percent from DVD sales and rentals, and the remainder from on-demand and television.

“Movies in theaters are loss leaders, much like hardback books in publishing,” Klady explains.