Thursday, November 13, 2008

One, Two, Three, Four...

Five! Five Sprockets! Muahahaha!

Five Sprockets is a website much like Celtx which allows people to collaborate on screenplays and documents online using screenplay, scheduling and breakdown tools...

All for free.

I uploaded a screenplay that is currently undergoing revision just to be able to play with the software and test it out. I am not certain 5S is where it needs to be yet in terms of attracting more users to the site, and becoming a tool that encourages growth in media.

However I am going to rewrite the script in this software just to shake loose some things and see where the flaws are hidden. I'm not certain that this site is providing a much-needed function in the professional production community. Is there an actual need for online collaboration at a central site?

But like I said earlier I am going to test drive it for awhile, figure it out and go from there. I invite you to do the same and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Zeev Halevi said...

To allow the team to review the same document together in real-time and "be on the same page", use the recently launched free site http://www.showdocument.com does exactly that, quickly show documents to friends and colleagues.
It allows co-browsing on any document, user uploads a document and invites friends to view it with him live
All the participants in the session see each others' drawing, highlights, etc.