Thursday, February 05, 2009

We Cunninghams Don't Go Gentle Into the Good Night...


We go clinging to the breath of life even though that breath is wet and belabored. We are fighters to the end, and yes we will all have to be put down.

My sister-in-law (and heart) informs me that another beloved member of the Clan Cunningham has gone:

We discovered that she had bladder cancer a couple weeks ago and she went downhill rapidly. She was so miserable last weekend that I called the vet first thing Monday and took her in so she could have some relief from the pain. For a dog who showed up on our doorstep 14 years ago, she was a faithful and loved member of our family. As John so aptly put it when I told him of her death, “That sucks! We had her a long time!” I immediately told Ron not to let that kid write MY obituary!!!

So, Uncle Bill, there will be no more welcome greetings with warm urine on your shoes at our house!!!


1 comment:

Curt Purcell said...

My condolences!