Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I Love My Job Pt. 2,465

Part of my role as Pulp 2.0 Press' Mad Pulp Bastard is to design the advertising that will go into our books in both Kindle and print.  If you study all of the old paperbacks and pulps of yesteryear you will see many simple designs hawking next month's great adventure. I've found that many of those ads were really simple - single color, minimal text, and a primary image that holds your attention. 


Of course, we want to do something similar with our books, so I spend a little time in research using the web to peruse old pulps, paperbacks and lobby cards. Then I pull out the pencils and some scrap paper and start sketching a few things out.

Bottom line, after an hour or so we end up with something like this:


This advertisement will be in the upcoming RADIO WESTERN ADVENTURES  available from the Kindle store in October for the low, low price of only $2.99.

Please join us on Facebook.
Or follow me on Twitter.