Wednesday, July 27, 2005

A simple love letter to the Heartland...

http://johnoakdalton.blogspot.com/2005/07/hell-up-in-farmland.html#comments

John Oak Dalton just posted this about his screenwriter friends talking about when they retire they'll start writing B-Movies - as if they would grace us with their presence in the world of D2DVD. John defended B-movies and DVD quite well, but to those other jackasses...

Two words: Fuck you.

(Yeah, that's two. I wasn't sure because I'm just a fuckin' B-Movie writer)

No, really.

Fuck you.

Those that write them, write them.

Those that look down their nose at them - don't know the ass-whupping they're going to get by the industry when they try.

Peace, Love and oh yeah...

Fuck you.

8 comments:

John Donald Carlucci said...

Did you say fuck because I said fuck in my angry letter to other writers?

Serenity now....think Myrna thoughts

JDC

Bill Cunningham said...

Nope.

John Donald Carlucci said...

Just kidding.

It must be damn aggravating to have your chosen career treated like it's so easy anyone can do it.

JDC

RogerRmjet said...

Well spoken, Bill! You know, some of us actually aspire to be B-Movie writers. It's certainly a hell of a lot more challenging.

Dr. Squid said...

Sounds just like all of those 'desktop publishers' who say, "I got one of them page layout programs and I can do funny stuff with the photo program that came with my digital camera - HEY! I'm a graphic designer just like you!"

Dave Fogerson said...

So-called "B-Movies" are the chosen source of entertainment for a lot of people. Particularly me. I grew up on pulp movies, and would far rather rent a low-budget d2dvd spooker than lay out nine bucks for a bloated, overbudgeted rehash playing at the local cineplex that won't be nearly as much fun to watch.

Besides, d2dvd is where the industry is headed anyway. I read a while back where Steven Soderbergh signed a deal whereby his next six films will be released in theaters, cable, and DVD simultaneously, because theatrical release counts for only 9% of the averge film's overall take.

Vampos Vulgar said...

RE: Your comment about needing to have the heart of a child in order to make it in this town.

Let’s see, I have:

1. Baby soft skin

and

2. The eye of the tiger

Crap, no heart of a child. Can I borrow a cup of yours, Bill?

Bill Cunningham said...

Best served with hickory smoked BBQ sauce...