Monday, May 21, 2007

...It Was the Worst of Times.

Well TV Week has put up clips of the new shows for the fall.

Expect to see half or more of them announced on DVD sets within 6 weeks of their debut. To say I am underwhelmed is to put it mildly. I would have to be on speed to even get up to being underwhelmed. Lets face it that most of these shows deserve a quick death...

And they don't deserve to be out on DVD.

I can think of two shows in this whole lineup that I really want to make time for - BIONIC WOMAN and SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES. There are a couple that I'll watch the first episode and yawn (ALIENS IN AMERICA, MOONLIGHT, GUIDE TO STARTING OVER) and there are those that should be burned with the white hot intensity of a thousand blazing suns (THE RETURN OF JEZEBEL JADE, DOWN TO YOU, NEW AMSTERDAM) and never see the light of day.

(and really, I want to know who blew whom to get K-VILLE on the schedule)

I'm an avid TV watcher, but this is all pretty thin. I hope they put THEM into production soon...or bring back JERICHO.

Denis, Will, Alex, Jim, Caroline, Diane - you have nothing to worry about up north. None of your networks are going to have anything to buy - you'll have to make your own shows now.

2 comments:

wcdixon said...

Ha! Nice one Centurian...

Aric Blue said...

Exactly the reason I'm not watching any more new shows next year--fuck 'em. Last year they canceled Invasion just as it was hitting its stride, this year Jericho.

Screw it--if they make it past year one I'll pick them up on dvd. If not, that's more time I'll have in my life...