Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Oh Yeah, By the Way...

It's my birthday today. I would have forgotten it if both the Done Deal Pro Message Board and The Artful Writer Forum hadn't sent me an email.

You get to be my age you get just as forgetful as you do "distinguished." So in the spirit of "distinguished ramblings" I'm going to impart a few tidbits of wisdom...er, philosophy... er, you get the idea:

  • You are in charge of you. Treat yourself accordingly.
  • Summer is great as all the women are out and about in their summer dresses. Thank you ladies.
  • Things your Dad told you when you were eight? They're going to start making sense when you're 45.
  • Say what's on your mind - there is nothing worse than knowing you could have solved a problem, saved a relationship, moved ahead if you had just spoken up.
  • Films are pretentious. Movies are fun. I make movies.
  • Comics are going to the web. You have been warned.
  • Television is going to be around for awhile, but it's going to face stiff competition.
  • Quarterlife = Twentysomething. I hated it when it was Thirtysomething. It was whiny then and it's whiny now.
  • Keep working. That's the secret.

10 comments:

Scott Eggleston said...

Happy Birthday, Bill!

(I picture Bill's head spinning around like Bill Nye, The Science Guy)

Bill! Bill! Bill! Bill! Bill!

Emily Blake said...

Happy birthday you crazy bastard.

James Moran said...

Happy Birthday, you mad pulp bastard! I'll raise a glass of something lethal in your name over here, then have another, and more, then wake up in two days time, crying and wondering who I am. It's ALL for you, Bill...

Diane Kristine Wild said...

Happy birthday! I might be headed your way soon if you have time for a belated birthday coffee/drink.

Good Dog said...

What a sec.... No, the 27th is my birthday!

Hope you had a great day.

Eric Lytle said...

Happy B-Day Bill.

wcdixon said...

Happy happy my evil twin south of the border. Wait a sec... maybe 'I'm' the evil twin - oooo...

jimhenshaw said...

I'm a day late and hoping you're getting up late to find find it, as proof that the day was properly celebrated.

HBD you MPB!

Jim

Roger Alford said...

Happy Birthday, Bill! Hope it was a good one!

Christian Lindke said...

Happy Birthday!

You have now been added to the calendar and all future birthday wishes will be prompt.

End of line.