Monday, September 22, 2008

Fantastic Fest Beer-Soaked Review...

From our special pulp correspondent James Moran:

Re: Not Quite Hollywood: It's fantastic - full of the raw, spunky grit and energy of the Ozsploitation flicks it celebrates. I was surprised how many I hadn't heard of, and how many I had but didnt know were Oz flicks. Some insane stories, and a genuinely insane film critic who said that one producer should be burnt down with all his works, and salt sown in the ground. Insane.

Great fun, as was JCVD, and The Burrowers which deserves a theatrical release but is a Lions Gate movie so will naturally be dumped on DVD...

Beer coma now...

1 comment:

B Movie News said...

It's fan-fucken-tastic. Here is a review my friend James wrote for my site. I've added footnotes with some translations for all you non-autralians.

http://bmovienews.net/mov/n/notquiteholl/r.htm