Friday, June 05, 2009

I'm a Batman Fan...

There. I've admitted it. Now I can begin the process of healing.

I also like The Bat and The Black Bat. I suppose it's the idea of these very different characters taking on the ominous persona of a gargoyle-ish creature of the night. That and the "self made man" aspect.

Well, if you don't already know Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely, who did such a bang-up job in reinventing Mort Weisinger's Superman in their ALL-STAR SUPERMAN series, are reinventing Batman. I won't go into the details here because it's been a major event in the life of the series (LoL), except to say it's a new Batman and a new Robin...

But damnit, they kept the garish, so-bright-it-hurts yellow utility belt! (Not to forget Robin's yellow silk cape!)


Criminal Mastermind: What's that glowing over there in the shadows? Oh hey! It's Batman.
There's Robin over there. Bright as day.

Cue roaring gunfire and blood splatter.

2 comments:

Aric Blue said...

It was much better than what he did in the regular Batman issues and Final Crisis...those were HORRIBLE.

Scott D. Parker said...

I'm still in the process of reading the backstory to learn how the events happened. However, I still enjoyed the story. I reviewed it at my SF blog: http://sf-safari.blogspot.com/2009/06/comics-review-batman-and-robin-1.html